NEW VACANCY! (PK7397)
SUPPLY CHAIN ADMINISTRATOR
Salary circa £27,000 pa, possible incentive scheme + 25 days plus bank holidays + company benefits.
Hours 08:30 to 17:30 with 1 hr. lunch break, Mon to Fri
Reporting to: Head of Finance
Role: Processing Orders
Our client is seeking to recruit a Supply Chain Administrator for the processing of orders and the flow of stock through the business. Candidates must be used to dealing with customers and colleagues at all levels of the business in a professional manner.
In addition to being well organised you will need a good working knowledge of MRP and essential SAP systems, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Validate and log orders: Check orders for completeness; Send for technical and credit checks; Refer to customer and salesman for additional information where order is incomplete; Enter sales order into SAP; Enter details onto control log (Excel spreadsheet)
- Check stock availability: Lookup product in the SAP system, identify and allocate available equipment; Note low stock levels and request approval to place stock order to refresh availability
- Order and progress chase equipment from suppliers: For company manufactured products, use on-line system to place orders; For third party products create and send SAP order; Enter order details onto the control log; Regularly check the progress of products on order, keep control log updated and communicate any delays promptly to the customer or salesman; Update SAP and control log with delivery information.
- Arrange for workshop set up and engineers for installation: Agree time with the Workshop Engineers for checking and set up of products, keep them informed of pending orders and prioritise the orders accordingly; Service Installers must be kept informed of forthcoming installations and arrangements agreed for Field Engineers to be available when products are delivered to unpack and install on site; Update the control log relevant times and communicate changes to the customer or salesman.
- Arrange delivery to customer: Monitor progress of orders through the workshop, prepare delivery documents; Prepare and send invoices for all deliveries in a timely manner.
- Invoice customer for delivery
- Communicate progress of orders to all interested parties
This is an autonomous and pivotal role within the business, strong organisational skills are essential as is administrative and communication skills. You will need to work closely with other staff to ensure this role operates successfully.