NEW VACANCY! (PK6933)
SUPPLY CHAIN & LOGISTICS MANAGER - PACKAGING
HOMEBASED (SURREY PREFERENCE BUT YOU CAN BE BASED ANYWHERE IN THE UK)
Circa £40K + Phone + Laptop
Our Client is an innovative, profitable and well-established supplier of bespoke primary packaging to international food and beverage brands. Due to continued growth and investment they now require a Supply Chain & Logistics Manager to oversee and manage the company's overall supply chain and logistics strategy and operations, to maximise the process efficiency and productivity. In addition, this role will research, develop and maintain excellent relationships with suppliers, partners and distributors.
The role is home-based and the ideal candidate will have previous experience in this role ideally within the packaging sector. The company is based in Surrey so someone local would be the preference however as the role is homebased the client will consider anywhere in the UK should you have the correct experience.
Having established contacts to assist you in finding and setting up new transport & warehousing contracts will be invaluable in this new position.
Reports to: Commercial Director
- Plan and implement the overall supply chain strategy
- Collaborate with Sales and Operations team.
- Determine and monitor key supply chain KPI's.
- Identify process bottleneck and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Identify supply chain issues/shortages and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Research new suppliers, partners, distributors and recommend new opportunities.
- Build and maintain good relationships with suppliers, partners and distributors.
- Supporting the team with short-term solutions to logistic availability.
- Analyse data to access performance, and devise plans for improvement.
- Monitoring stock and managing waste.
- To work closely with colleagues to maintain and further develop a professional but friendly can-do culture atall times.
- Ensure that everyone s/he interacts with is treated with respect and honesty and to endeavour to provide a
- positive experience.
- Attend internal and external meetings as appropriate.
- Acting as an ambassador and role model for the Company, and will exhibit the values of the Company.
This Job Description is an outline of the key tasks and responsibilities of the post and the post-holder may be required to undertake additional duties that are appropriate to its position within the organisation. The post may also change over time to reflect the developing needs of the company