NEW VACANCY! (PK6749)
COMMUTABLE FROM NORTHANTS / BEDFORDSHIRE / BUCKINGHAMSHIRE
SALARY UPTO £33K (Dependent on Experience) + 25 Days Holiday +Bank Holidays + Bonus + Benefits
Our client is a successful industry-leader, achieving year on year sales growth via organic business development and strategic acquisition. They offer a dynamic product portfolio of protective packaging solutions, working with industry-leading partners to offer customers industry leading solutions.
They are now looking to recruit a Technical Designer to join their team
Drawing on your expertise in corrugated carton manufacturing, you will provide innovative and tailored design solutions for both existing and potential customers. You will work hand-in-hand with customers to ensure direct and indirect cost savings are achieved, through continual improvements in productivity and efficiencies. This role provides a wonderful opportunity for someone seeking career advancement as they offer strong development and progression opportunities, both within the packaging business and the broader group business.
- Be capable of listening to the customer's needs and be able to communicate in a professional and coherent manner; both in conversation and presentational form
- Taking briefs and using various design software you will be creating innovative cost saving solutions for customers
- You will work to provide tailored solutions to all customers, whilst demonstrating a caring approach to their business requirements and challenges
- Access consumer tastes, market trends and product details in order to conceptualise package designs
- Working closely with customers you will ensure goals are met, whilst considering branding, safety, and cost implications
- You will generate reports on an ongoing basis to support proposals made to their customers and log design activities
- You will be able to demonstrate excellent time-keeping skills and be able to juggle a range of tasks / projects for numerous customers, to ensure tight deadlines are met
- Prioritise your workload accordingly
- Produce finished customer samples, 3D visuals, artwork proofs and presentations
The Ideal Candidate / Experience:
- You will be enthusiastic and motivated - enjoying the buzz and challenge of a fast-paced environment.
- Posses excellent communication skills and be IT literate with strong time management and prioritisation skills.
- You will have a real team spirit and be able to build relationships with internal and external partners.
- CAD experience using either Kasemake, Artios or Impact
- Print repro experience using Adobe CC
- Team player
- Results driven
- Specific sector industry knowledge and experience
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal at all levels
- Customer Facing
- Can work under own initiative
- Good time management skills
- Can-do attitude
- Track record of cost saving projects
- Full driving license
- Good knowledge of Excel
The Client is also dedicated to maximizing every employee's potential, by providing career development plans and pathways in an environment that fosters personal growth and continuous improvement.