NEW VACANCY! (PK6075)
TECHNICAL FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER - Flexible Packaging
ANY UK LOCATION
Attractive Salary DOE + Car + Pension + Benefits Package
Monday to Friday only.
Our client is an award winning, highly innovative and well-respected UK flexible packaging manufacturer, actively seeking a Field Service Engineer, reporting to the UK Technical Manager. Responsible for providing packaging technology expertise, knowledge, advice and leadership to ensure the business meets both its supply and commercial objectives across UK operations. As this is primarily a field support role, a significant amount of travelling may be required, mainly within the UK.
This role covers all flexible packaging types and processes across a range of pack formats and brands. Considerable knowledge and experience is required of all these to operate effectively.
This role will also interact with a considerably wide and diverse number of teams both internally and externally at all levels, the ability to work effectively with such stakeholders is critical.
Experience of manufacturing excellence techniques, processes, quality management systems, and problem-solving methodologies would be extremely useful.
- Resolving quality issues and reducing customer complaints.
- Supporting Customer trials and management of R&D projects.
- Leading and delivering projects in areas of problem resolution, technical transfer and cost saving.
- Leveraging innovation from Suppliers, Academia, Innovators etc. in furthering NPD functions.
- Supporting our commercial and sales functions to resolve packaging issues.
- Providing packaging expertise and knowledge to production sites to drive improvements via materials, equipment and processes to ensure optimal NPD developments.
- Ensuring packaging knowledge and expertise on material science, processes and manufacturing skills/ competencies are transferred within the business.
- Degree in relevant technical subject or comparable technical experience.
- Membership of relevant professional organisation eg: Institute of Packaging.
- A good understanding of the interface between the pack and machinery. The focal point for all packaging related issues and will be therefore be expected to troubleshoot such issues on our clients' production lines. An engineering bias would therefore be an advantage.
Areas of Specialisation: Packaging Technology, Food Technology, Material Science, Engineering.
Job related experience required:
- Experience of working in a packaging support function in one or more companies operating in food based and/or personal care industries.
- Wide mix of materials and manufacturing/processing technologies.
- Experience of leading cost saving projects.
- Experience of best practice application to packaging and packaging performance.
- Experience of leading and managing multiple projects.
Management of change:
- Lean manufacturing, six sigma and related techniques.
- Writing high quality specifications, BOM's, trial requirements etc.
- The investigation, data analysis, hypotheses proposal, test generation and trials required to help improve and solve quality/supply problems.
The Technical Field Service Engineer's knowledge allows:
- The quick approval, acceptance and control of alternative suppliers/products.
- Clear and authoritive advice and recommendations to Customers and Production sites.
- The ability to recognise opportunities in applying new technologies, innovation, materials, and processes to deliver competitive benefits.
- The capability to independently manage multiple projects, where they are all important and urgent, on-time and to budget with the appropriate level of engagement.
- Shares learnings between production sites obtained from active participation in issue investigation and resolution.
- Ability to solve significant technical issues and develop robust action routes to move towards resolution.
Car + Pension + Benefits Package
0161 485 8888