Extrusion and solvent coating for paper or film applications
Based in Scotland
Job ref: CST/50688
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with experience
Part of an international and highly successful group, our client is a leading UK packaging manufacturer renowned for its innovative technical lidding film used across many segments of the food industry.
Overall responsibility for building and delivering sustainable innovation, research & development and technical development strategy to deliver unique processes and product propositions to the market that provide profitable growth.
- Develop positive safety behaviours and encourage near miss reporting as one route to improved performance
- Ensure a safe working environment is maintained for all staff at all time
- Ensure accidents and incidents are recorded & investigated and that corrective and preventative actions based on root cause(s) are identified and completed with speed
- Deliver 5S processes and standards within the laboratory and test facilities that provide ongoing improvement to workplace organization
- Ensure compliance with safety policies, procedures and behaviour standards expected by the Company
- Develop relationships directly with customers technical and innovation teams to understand their challenges & future product requirements ahead of the competition
- Ensure customer’s view their innovation and product development service as excellent and a differentiator that wins significant new and profitable business
- Collaborate with supply chain to ensure new materials and products are sourced sustainably, competitively and through approved supplier process
- Develop and deliver the ongoing innovation, product development and sustainability strategy and implementation roadmap in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Manage the new product development stage gate process to prioritise the highest value add items, control each stage to optimise use of resources and achieve full technical compliance to deliver products that are robustly fit for purpose.
- Lead laboratory development and testing, production scale up, customer sampling and application testing and make recommendations at each stage based on data
- Maintain coating formulation & finished product compliance with the required standards (e.g. EU & FDA) verified by certificates of conformity and appropriate internal and 3rd party analysis & testing.
- Operate the new product development processes scaling up from concept and laboratory testing through to full production capability and capacity
- Ensure the team remain up to date with current research and development techniques and methodologies and have the necessary equipment and facilities
- Consult and communicate effectively to ensure the innovation strategy, objectives and ongoing performance are understood, supported and delivered.
- Manage team performance and individual development, using SMART objectives, KPI’s, performance reviews and provide support to engage & encourage team members towards a culture of sustainable innovation and improvement.
- Manage relationships effectively with key stakeholders internally, and across the Group, to secure the support and commitment required on to deliver the strategy and performance targets.
Qualifications & Experience:
· BSc degree or equivalent in Polymer Science, Chemistry or other relevant Science subject
· Significant experience & knowledge of extrusion and solvent coating processes preferably within a reel to reel manufacturing business such as film or paper
· Able to collaborate with customers, suppliers, regulatory agencies and other stakeholders to uncover new innovation and development prospects to solve problems and create value
· Able to operate standard development processes such as stage gate, design of experiment, and process capability.
· Robust technical, application and market knowledge of lidding films in the food industry
· Detailed understanding of EU & FDA regulations relating to food packaging / lidding films
· Business insight – able to apply knowledge of processes, products and the marketplace towards the business strategy and goals
· Customer focus – able to build strong relationships with customers to develop customer focused solutions
· Cultivates innovation – finds new and better ideas and develop these into commercially advantageous processes & products
· Technically savvy – able to anticipate and adopt innovations in key markets
· Collaboration – builds partnerships with e.g. sales, customers’ buyers & technical experts, manufacturing team, suppliers and external technical experts
The company has retained Listgrove to manage this project on their behalf and all third party applications will be forwarded for their attention. Fees will not be payable to recruitment consultancies that send speculative candidate applications.
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Office Locations: Stratford-upon-Avon, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Düsseldorf, Göteborg,
Lyon, Milan, Shanghai, and Washington.
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – RECYCLING
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713