TECHNICAL MANAGER - FLEXO PACKAGING
Salary £30-35K + Bonus + Auto-enrol Pension + 23 days holiday + Other Benefits
Hours: Monday to Friday 40 hrs per week / flexi start times
Our Client is an independently owned, well invested packaging group, supplying printed packaging solutions to FMCG markets. Currently looking to recruit a Technical Manager with a working knowledge of multiple print and prepress technologies.
This client can offer a lovely working environment with a relaxed atmosphere and excellent facilities.
- Plays a key role in the area of Technical Service, working closely with the sales team to establish clear customer focus and achieve business objectives through technical means.
- Colour Management expertise; proactively and reactively supports this technology
- Assesses customers' needs and proactively and reactively incorporates continuous improvement methods and philosophy.
- Works with and calls on top level management as well as suppliers, to develop technical response/action plans regarding issues and opportunities.
- Troubleshoots press issues - for flexo/gravure/offset products for the Narrow Web industry customers - and recommends actions/formulations to improve/correct situation.
- Gathers correct information so lab resources can operate in the most efficient manner, both to correct issues and to design new products.
- Completes and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Ascertains customers' technical objectives and strategically plans and facilitates communication of the company's relevant technical developments to respective customers.
- Provides weekly and/or monthly reports detailing customers' technical issues/needs including trial reports.
- Directly communicates on-site with area customers to address technical issues and/or interacts with customers as a professional immediate technical resource
- Other duties as assigned.
- A good understanding of Flexo printing is required.
- Knowledge of substrates such as PET, PVC, multilayer laminates and pouches/ sachets will be beneficial.
- A good understanding of key sustainability and recyclability factors relating to these product lines and other packaging products.
- Problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good time management and communications skills