NEW VACANCY! (PK6528)
TECHNICAL MANAGER - LABELS
£Open (flexible depending on experience) +25 days' holiday + contributory pension.
Our client is a privately owned, award winning, self-adhesive label manufacturer.
The company have state of the art production facilities and are in a period of growth and expansion. The business is passionate about the innovate products it makes, focused on quality, and the level of service and technical support given to customers. They have an impressive customer base divided between brands and contract manufacturers in many industries all demanding the very best quality of packaging.
Job purpose: To provide a high level of technical support to the business for all areas related to the manufacture of our product. To ensure customers' needs are met and they experience consistent, positive service levels. To ensure all R&D and NPD is co-ordinated, managed and documented through the business. To lead technical innovation and to enhance the business portfolio. To deliver technical training across the business, with a philosophy of continuous improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide complete support and technical sign off for new projects coming from the Sales and Account Management teams.
- To be the lead person to manage press passes, co-ordinate and liaise between Production and the Account Management teams.
- Be responsible for technical training across the business.
- Support Production and the Studio with continuous improvement plans and execution.
- Work within the remit of ISO9001, PS9000 and BRC.
- Produce and present to the business new innovation on a regular basis.
- Be responsible for driving innovation and technical development.
- To pro-actively develop supplier relationships to ensure we have access to all products needed to satisfy the demands of customers.
Skills and Experience required:
- An excellent manager and team player.
- Experience in running highly technical projects with competence in collating data and report writing is essential
- Extensive label production experience.
- Ability to problem solve, take responsibility for decisions made and ensure task/project completion.
- Work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- You must be adept with translation of complex artworks for highly embellished labels.
- An understanding of the latest pre-press software's and the development and integration of automation to drive efficiency.
- You need to be technically competent in the following printing and embellishment techniques, and have good knowledge of filmic and paper self-adhesive materials;
- Rotary screen/flatbed screen
- Digital printing
- Rotary and flatbed hot foil
- Embellishment techniques
- Cold foil
- Tactile and niche varnishes