We are working with an award winning label manufacturing company with a world-class production facility. This is a company that is focused on providing innovative, quality solutions to customers for a wide range of packaging requirements. This is an exciting time to join as they experience growth and expansion, working to ISO 9001, PO 9000 and BRC standards.
This outstanding client currently has a vacancy for a Technical Manager, to provide a high level of support to the business for all products.
• Provide a high level of technical support to the business for all areas related to the manufacture of their product.
• Ensure customers’ needs are met and they experience consistent, positive service levels.
• Ensure all R&D and NPD is co-ordinated, managed and documented through the business.
• Lead technical innovation and to enhance the business portfolio.
• Deliver technical training across the business, with a philosophy of continuous improvement.
Duties and responsibilities
• Provide complete support and technical sign off for new projects coming from our Sales and Account Management teams.
• Act as the lead person to manage press passes, co-ordinate and liaise between Production and the Account Management teams.
• Be responsible for technical training across the business.
• Support Production and the Studio with continuous improvement plans and execution.
• Work within the remit of ISO9001, PS9000 and BRC.
• Produce and present to the business new innovation on a regular basis.
• Be responsible for driving innovation and technical development.
• Pro-actively develop supplier relationships to ensure we have access to all products needed to satisfy customer demands.
Skills and experience required
Excellent manager and team player.
Experience in running highly technical projects with competence in collating data and report writing is essential
Extensive label production experience.
Ability to problem solve, take responsibility for decisions made and ensure task/project completion.
Work well under pressure and to deadlines.
Excellent attention to detail.
Adept with translation of complex artworks for highly embellished labels.
An understanding of the latest pre-press softwares and the development and integration of automation to drive efficiency.
Technically competent in the following printing and embellishment techniques, and have good knowledge of filmic and paper self–adhesive materials;
• Rotary screen/flatbed screen
• Digital printing
• Rotary and flatbed hot foil
• Embellishment techniques
• Cold foil
• Tactile and niche varnishes