This is a unique opportunity for a Business Developer with a Technical & Sales background to push new business within mainland Europe wiith our Client who is a leading manufacturer of materials for pressure sensitive self-adhesive labels, tickets and tags
They supply materials to Major Retailers Global Beverage Brands Food manufacturers Pharmaceutical Companies & Logistics service providers etc
Our Client is experiencing continuous profitable growth and wish to continue their focus on developing new busines within mainland Europe markets.
The have rightly earned a reputation for innovation in the labelling industry, particularly in the digital, wines & spirits and eco-responsible labelling markets and they.
offer a wide range of paper and film products that are exported globally.
They offer “tailor-made” solution on wide range of adhesives and backing liners makes them the ideal partner for their customer's labelling and packaging applications and they possess FSC and PEFC (Chain of Custody) accreditation.
They design, develop and manufacture labelling solutions for a range of customers (Convertors, Printers and Packers) that go on to comprise the packaging for some of the world’s best known Brands across a multitude of sectors.
The position will report to the Sales Director and you will work alongside the Company's Technical Manager
This is an opportunity for the successful Candidate to work across both the existing customer base and with potential new customers at a strategic level to identify new opportunities and form strategic alliances.
The role is pan European and will focus on Global Retail Brand customers
This is a Commercial role concentrating on selling Existing or New Products / Applications to New customers.
The objective of this position is to win new business by firstly identifying and developing solutions in response to customer problems, opportunities and requests and secondly, to take innovative thinking, products and applications to customers to develop new business.
You will be supported by the Sales Director and Technical Manager, until the stage of commercial agreement is complete. At that stage, the responsibility will be passed to the relevant Business Development Manager or Agent. After a period of familiarisation, prepare a market development you will plan to identify and win new business.
This position calls for an individual with very specific experience and professional background.
• Be from our Client's market sector of paper and packaging, having a demonstrable track record in delivering sustained business growth.
• Be from a label background i.e Convertor or very closely connected to a convertor with strong knowledge of the label convertor customer base.
• Have worked in the vertical markets of food, chemical, retail and logistics to be able to quickly identify end user applications
• Know the main players in the supply chain
• Have a track record of identifying technical solutions for customers within the label industry and linked markets such as packaging
Capability and Knowledge
• Understand pressure sensitive labels and be able to apply this knowledge to develop end user applications
• Have significant technical knowledge to be able to interpret and respond to customer needs
• Have sufficient understanding of products and applications to develop new solutions and new constructions to offer competitive advantage to customers
• Have a good level of knowledge of end user applications
• Understand the trends in the sector and be able to identify opportunities where the company can prosper.
• Be commercially astute to properly assess opportunities
• Either have a technical background or sufficient technical knowledge to understand the changing technologies in the sector
As this will be an external based role, the candidate will need to be sufficiently mobile and flexible as regular European travel will be essential in order to fulfil the role.
A clean or “near clean” driving licence.
Competitive Basic salary, (up to Director level) and Performance related bonus,
Membership of the company pension scheme
Membership of private medical scheme
CVs in MS Word Format please ( .doc / .docx )
Competitive Basic salary, (up to Director Level), and Performance related bonus,