Technical Service Representative
Job ref: JE/46324
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
A global flexible plastics packaging group is looking to recruit home based a Technical Service Representative to join their existing growing team.
Responsible for providing packaging technology expertise, knowledge, advice and leadership to ensure the business meets both its supply and commercial objectives across our UK operations.
As this is primarily a field support role, a significant amount of travelling may be required, mainly within the UK.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
- Resolving quality issues and reducing customer complaints.
- Leading and delivering projects in areas of problem resolution, technical transfer and cost saving.
- Leveraging innovation from Suppliers, Academia, Innovators etc. in furthering our NPD function.
- Supporting our commercial function to resolve packaging issues.
- Providing packaging expertise and knowledge to production sites to drive improvements via materials, equipment and processes to ensure optimal NPD developments.
- Ensuring packaging knowledge and expertise on material science, processes and manufacturing skills/ competencies are transferred within the business.
Key Results Areas/Outputs
- Working with the Quality functions to reduce customer complaints and positively impact on our quality performance
- Identifying cost saving opportunities for the business and undertake cost-engineering exercises
- Leading sector innovation initiatives
- Developing and maintaining accurate packaging specifications, ensuring that they are validated.
- Recognise opportunities in applying new technologies, innovation, materials, and processes to deliver competitive benefits that creates new sales opportunities.
- This role covers all flexible packaging types and processes across a wide range of pack formats and brands. Considerable knowledge and experience is required of all these to operate effectively.
- This role will also interact with a considerably wide and diverse number of teams both internally and externally at all levels, the ability to work effectively with such stakeholders is critical.
- Experience of manufacturing excellence techniques, processes, quality management systems, and problem solving methodologies would be extremely useful.
- Areas of Specialty: Packaging Technology, Material Science, Engineering.
- Degree in relevant technical subject or comparable technical experience.
- Membership of relevant professional organization, e.g. Institute of Packaging.
Knowledge & Experience
- A thorough understanding of flexible packaging, and associated technologies; polymers, papers, inks, functional & decorative coatings
- A good understanding of the interface between the Pack and machinery. The focal point for all packaging related issues and will be therefore be expected to troubleshoot any packaging-related issues on our clients’ production lines. An engineering bias would therefore be an advantage.
To apply please contact Jane Edwards
0044 (0) 1789 207070
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Office Locations: Stratford-upon-Avon, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Cape Town, Dubai, Düsseldorf, Göteborg, Istanbul, Lyon, Milan, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney and Washington.
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Exhibiting at: Plastteknik, Kunststoffen, K, Interpack, Compounding World, Interplas
Commensurate with experience