NEW VACANCY! (PK7171)
TOOL MAKER - PLASTIC PACKAGING
Attractive Salary + Package
Monday to Friday - Day Shift
Our client serves a wide range of customers with rigid plastic packaging - from the largest European producers of consumer products, to smaller national businesses.
They are currently looking to recruit a Tool Maker. Reporting into the Technical Manager. The successful candidate will be required to repair and maintain injection and EBM/IBM mould tools to a high standard. You will also be required to manage work load ensuring repairs and maintenance takes place to pre-determined times and estimates.
- Plan and monitor workload to maximise tool efficiency using KPI's.
- Prove tooling and troubleshoot until running acceptably.
- Strip, rebuild tools for maintenance / repair and service.
- Manage the current preventive tool maintenance program.
- Operation of lathes, millers, grinders etc.
- Use of measuring equipment such as micrometres and verniers.
- All employees are required to maintain safe working practices by adhering to the Health and Safety policies of the company in place at any given time.
- The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description.
- To hold a recognised qualification in (or be qualified by experience in) lathe work, milling work and the use of surface grinding machines
- Overhead crane licence
- Full driving licence
- Substantial and significant experience (likely to be 5+ years) in a Tool Room environment
Key skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate clearly with external toolmaker, suppliers and customers.
- Strong team player
- Competent Microsoft programs experience e.g. Excel.
- Can fault find on modern Injection Mould hot runner systems and refit heaters when required.
- Has a very good understanding of tooling designs.
- A good eye for detail
- Design skills using CAD
- A degree of flexibility so far as working hours are concerned to accommodate the needs of the business