We are currently recruiting for a Trainee Glue Minder to join our Production team based at Coveris UK’s Wisbech site. This is an excellent opportunity to gain a long-term career within the packaging industry.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure day to day running of the Folder/ Gluing machines, in line with Coveris S.O.Ps, and Specific customer requirements
- Monitor and control carton quality
- Maximise machine efficiencies
- Minimise Downtime
- Achieve KPIs and quality levels set by the Line Manager
- Ensure all standard operating procedures are adhered to (e.g. PPE, health and safety, hygiene and operational standards)
- Complete all related paperwork and input data onto Prism accurately to ensure carton quality checks can be carried out, as per training given
- Ensure machine speeds are always optimised
- Ensure any defect print is highlighted to Team Leader and QA department and that it is flagged correctly
- Provide holiday cover in line with production agreement, and provide sickness cover where possible
- Ensure effective shift handover is carried out
- Maintain good housekeeping
- Good attendance and timekeeping
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good organisational and self-motivational skills
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of carton gluing is desirable, full training will be given to the right candidate
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive business who invest in people. Should you feel that your skills and experience match the specification, please submit your covering letter and CV along with your salary expectations to our team.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.