NEW VACANCY! (PK7338)
TRAINEE TOOLING TECHNICIAN
YORKSHIRE (Please contact me for further location details)
Salary £23K rising to £26K after 3 Months' Probation
Working Hours: Monday To Friday 8am - 5pm
Our client is an industry leading corrugated packaging manufacturer specialising in die cuts, cases and packaging materials. They are currently looking to recruit a Tooling Technician to join their team. They are looking for a motivated individual to join their team, who is willing to learn from an extremely skilled team as you will be required to maintain, amend, repair or replace flexographic printing plates and corrugated cutting forms, through investigation and troubleshooting practices.
To be successful in this role you must be willing to think outside of the box, be a good communicator who listens to their colleagues, including machine operators who use the tooling to manufacture the corrugated cases. You will actively work with the design team to ensure products and tooling are produced with operational efficiency in mind.
The chosen candidate will be taught through practical hands-on training how to maintain the tooling required by their vast manufacturing site in order to maintain efficient and effective production.
- Reading and interpreting CAD drawings
- Setting up & safely using equipment such as drills, grinders, rule benders and rule cutters
- Cutting and shaping metal rule to specified dimensions
- Filing, grinding and shimming metals to ensure a smooth finish
- Fitting and assembling tools and die parts
- Inspecting finished dies and tools for defects
- Conducting test runs with completed tools and dies
- Ability to read and interpret written information
- Ability to lift heavy object and operate machinery
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willing to get stuck in, learn, and take responsibility for your individual development