NEW VACANCY! (PK7232)
TRANSPORT PLANNING MANAGER
Starting Salary £35K + Bonus + 33 Days Holiday + Pension + Mobile - Salary will be reviewed regularly
Working hours: 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday (must be flexible) and occasional Saturdays.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Our client is a well established, market leading cardboard and packaging manufacturer based in the North West, due to their continued success and growth, they are now looking for an experienced Transport Planning Manager to join their team.
They are looking for an ambitious, self-motivated applicant willing to work in a fast paced and dynamic role. Suitable for those with a minimum 5 years previous experience in transport.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Route planning to maximise efficiency and minimise transportation costs.
- Load planning and calculating weights of each consignment
- Managing driver's daily activities in line with the Working Time Directive and Driving hours
- Management of drivers (2 Currently) - assigning workload, monitoring driver productivity, ensuring their work is carried out in a professional manner. absence management and disciplinary actions. Inc driver checks.
- Keeping customers informed of all failed deliveries or significant delays
- Keeping the communication between drivers and customers
- Taking responsibility for vehicle maintenance - booking MOT's, inspections, services, taxing, ensuring supplies etc.
- Making sure all health and safety regulations are adhered to by the drivers
- Booking pallet and parcel deliveries on appropriate portals, providing yard and drivers with necessary paperwork
- Tracking all deliveries, providing customers with ETA's
- Liaising with customers regarding booking in
- Liaising with third party hauliers
- Submitting reports and transport updates to director.
- Involvement with the recruitment of drivers and purchasing of vehicles.
Qualifications and Skills required and preferred:
- Previous transport planning experience is vital
- Good knowledge of current rules and regulations regarding transportation of goods and heavy goods vehicles
- Strong Leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Highly organised and strong planning skills.
- Punctual with good attention to detail
- Health and Safety.
- Good work ethic and willingness to learn
- Geographical knowledge of the UK
- Fork lift truck licence
- Driving licence
- CPC national transport management qualification (bonus but not essential)