UK Sales Executive
We are an International supplier of metal containers, serving a UK, European and US client base in Industrial and food markets with manufacturing capability from 125ml to 25 litre containers.
The company is currently looking for a UK Sales Executive to deliver effective account management to a portfolio of customers and proactively develop sales within our existing customer base and to new customers.
This is a rare opportunity to progress your career within an established European company.
- Reporting to UK General Manager
- Ownership of all customer accounts and negotiate terms of business.
- Prepare market analysis and strategic plans for developing revenue growth in conjunction with UK General Manager.
- Maintain productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts including those at senior level, purchasing, technical and marketing.
- Actively capture, disseminate and update all relevant customer and market intelligence through a pragmatic and consistent reporting process.
- Progress new business opportunities and product development enquiries in line with the agreed sales strategy of the company.
- Provide input to customer specific technical and innovation projects to support the achievement of the agreed outcomes.
- Willing to travel to all existing and potential customers in the UK & US target markets and to European group manufacturing sites on an occasional basis.
- To work towards a thorough knowledge of the metal packaging market, the solutions and services that the Group can provide and of the company's competitors. Experience of the metal packaging sector is an advantage but not essential.
- North-West England office based when not in the field.
- Packaging experience is preferred, ideally within the Industrial or General Line metal sector, but candidates from other areas of the packaging industry will also be considered.
- Demonstrable track record of account management and business development.
- Comfortable working with Sales Budgets, Forecasts and Margin Analysis tools.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial and an excellent team player.
- Passionate and enthusiastic commitment to shared goals and objectives.
- Computer literate and comfortable working with Excel Spreadsheets, Forecasts, CRM, SAP etc.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills.
- Negotiating pricing and commercial terms with the customer base.
- Attention to detail.
- Can demonstrate a consultative approach to sales.
- A self-starter who is versatile, able to work under pressure but capable of building strategy into their day job to always be in control.
Up to £45k + New Business Sales Incentives + Pension + Company Car