NEW VACANCY! (PK6976)
UV FLEXO PRESS OPERATOR
BUCKINGHAMSHIRE / BEDFORDSHIRE / HERTFORDSHIRE / OXFORDSHIRE
Starting salary will be £30,000 per annum (£33,748 with shift rate) Plus overtime at x1.5 flat rate + Pension scheme
Full time, alternating double day shift (with shift rate), 5 days per week
An exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual, with recent experience of printing on UV Narrow Web Flexo Presses to join a well-established & profitable company. Specialising in self-adhesive packaging for the food and non-food industries, the company are adding to their production team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual, with recent experience of flexographic printing to join a well-established company with continued and sustained growth.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working within the narrow web label sector, but consideration will also be given to candidates with any flexographic print and packaging experience.
In this busy role, your main duties will be to produce quality long run printing to client specifications operating a Mark Andy press with turret rewinders. You will be expected to carryout routine machine maintenance and keep the press at optimum condition as well as general housekeeping.
- Ensure machinery runs at maximum output
- Maximise uptime and minimise downtime
- To achieve daily/weekly production targets
- To work in a safe manner adhering to laid down health and safety procedures
- To keep work area clean tidy ensuring that the highest standards of housekeeping are always maintained
- To assist in other roles and other departments and functions as business need requires
Key Skills and Requirements:
- It is highly beneficial to have experience in printing of self-adhesive labels
- A good eye for colour and detail and the ability to examine printed material to a high quality standard
- Demonstrable experience of good communication skills & working in a team
- Demonstrable experience of working to high quality standards
- Demonstrable evidence of good housekeeping practices
- Ability to take responsibility for output and quality of labels produced
- Health and safety awareness
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining focus and attention to detail
- Methodical approach
- Concern for standards and results focused
- Ability to work on own initiative