NEW VACANCY! (PK8043)
UV FLEXO PRINTER - LABELS WEST MIDLANDS
Salary: Depending on Experience + Unsociable Hours Payments (up to £2,100 PA, based on regular night shifts every 3rd week) + Overtime + Profit Related Bonus Scheme (Paid 6 Monthly) + Employee Assistance Programme + Contributory Company Pension Scheme + Occupational Sick Pay + Complimentary Car Cleaning Vouchers + 28 Days Holiday (plus Additional Long Service Holiday Awards) + Free Parking
*Please note, the company will also offer help with relocation if required*
Weekly Rotating Shift Pattern: 5:30 - 14:00, 13:30 - 22:00, 21:30 - 06:00
Our client is an independently owned multi-award winning full-service label manufacturing business with strong brand recognition for excellence. They are currently looking to recruit an experience UV Flexo Printer to join their team.
Previous experience working on servo-driven narrow web UV flexo presses is essential. And previous experience with variable data and or premium embellishments is also desirable.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- To operate an 8 Colour UV Narrow Web Flexographic machine, printing labels to customer's requirements by following a works order of instructions to agreed targets.
- Operating a digital Print unit.
- Setup and run a variety of adhesive label jobs, selecting the right cylinders, cutters and inks.
- Constantly monitor quality of job output for registration, image quality and colour.
- To accurately print labels to a very high standard, with no internal or external quality issues.
- You must have the ability to work under pressure.
- To maintain a safe and efficient working environment.
- To seek productivity improvements where possible, and contributing to a Continuous Improvement culture.
- To book out consumables used for the role (e.g. Cores, Ink, Varnishes etc).
- Manage multiple tasks with frequent operational interruptions.
- Make independent decisions within operational parameters, working well in a team environment.
- To solve problems by liaising with other team members.
- Troubleshoot equipment issues and log and socialise resolutions with the teams.
- Perform daily / weekly / monthly maintenance on equipment as required.
- Communicate with Operations Manager / Planner on job or deadline issues and any other pertinent information.
- Other tasks to support the business plan as and when required including working extra hours if required to ensure company business objectives are met.
- To support the Production Manager in the maintenance of a quality assured service.
- Understand the particular needs of current customers.