NEW VACANCY! (PK6637)
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE TEAM LEADER - DAY SHIFT
Hourly rate: Between £15 and £16pr depending on experience + 25 days + public holidays, Private Healthcare, Pension (matched up to 7%), Incentive Bonus, Death in Service benefit (3 x salary) plus other benefits TBD
Day Shift - 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday
This is a 'team lead' role which involves the dual responsibility of overseeing the materials inbound and delivery service to Manufacturing and liaising with the Supervisor to coordinate activities across all 3 shift patterns. Additional Team Lead responsibilities may vary but will include (not exhaustive):
- Assist with organisation/prioritisation of work within the department to make efficient use of labour and resources. Day to day decision making to ensure all functions are carried out in a timely manner to avoid down time.
- Provide leadership and active participation in Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Attend daily/weekly meetings where necessary to aid effective communication.
- Act as interface (point of contact) between Supervisor and shop floor employees providing regular updates on any relevant topics/issues such as morale, productivity, quality, workload etc.
- Carry out general low-level Supervisory responsibilities - monitor and measure overall Warehouse activity and evaluate individual performance levels and highlight any performance issues.
- Manage time efficiently to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Support operators to improve productivity and quality targets whilst monitoring the working environment to ensure the required Health & Safety (and housekeeping) standards are met at all times.
- Provide training and support to others where appropriate and ensure adherence to relevant procedures.
- Assist team members with objective setting and completion.
- Resolve queries and problems including stock adjustments, rotation and co-ordination
- Control system locations and cycle count, control replenishment
- Please note this is a "hands on position" both supporting & working with Warehouse team
- This role will be running the team responsible for the inbound deliveries, put-aways and picking of materials for delivery into the Manufacturing plant and is vital to the consistent and smooth running of the printing machines.
*Please note that this role will also have a caveat that the successful candidate will be required to work 1 week of nights every 6-8 weeks to spend time with their night shift team (to keep the relationship with this team active and engaged).
The candidate must have previous team lead or supervisory experience and led a team of 9 or more staff, be a great communicator and a "team" person.