Smurfit Kappa is a world leader in packaging, employing over 45,000 employees in manufacturing in 21 countries in Europe and 13 in the Americas. The group collaborates with forward thinking customers by sharing superior product knowledge, market understanding and insights into packaging trends to ensure business success in their markets. We have ambitious investment plans to support an unrivalled portfolio of paper-based packaging solutions which is constantly updated with market-leading innovations.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Workshop Engineer based in Yate. The successful candidate will be involved in the delivery of capital equipment projects from build in the factory through to installation and commissioning at customer site.
Main duties will include:
- Complete assemblies to the required cost, quality and delivery standards
- Support the workshop team leader in ensuring a team electrical and/or mechanical fitters allocated to a project to complete all tasks in line with cost, quality and delivery targets
- Resolve any problems identified during the assembly and commissioning process
- Work with the wider team to commission the equipment in the factory
- Lead Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) in the assembly plant with customer in attendance.
- Lead team of engineers in the installation of capital equipment on customer site
- Commission customised products and systems onsite and at customer facilities.
- Train customer in safe operating procedures for equipment
- Responsible for project success working as part of a project team.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed.
- Identify recommendations for continuous improvement of system design
- Maintain accurate records and files according to quality standard.
- Working with supervisor and managers to develop systems and processes to maintain workshop to a high standard
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Recent experience assembling and commissioning complex fully automated product handing solutions incorporating conveyor systems
- Electrical fitting experience
- Experience of installing pneumatic systems
- Engineering qualification – City and Guilds or equivalent
- Experience of managing customer expectations on customer sites
- Experience of delivering training to customers
- Electrical engineering qualification – ONC level or equivalent
- Experience of Fanuc Robot commissioning experience
- PLC programs fault finding
- Ability to efficiently organize and plan work tasks to meet company goals.
- Ability to manage customer problems while remaining professional and acting with integrity
- Creative problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills and a high level of numeracy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team working skills, with an ability to motivate others and to lead or manage teams
- Flexibility and an ability to compromise
- A willingness to accept responsibility and make decisions
- A high level of attention to detail
- Excellent customer care skills and good commercial awareness
- Travel as required by the business to support customer needs.
Closing Date 6th March