Technical Sales Manager, UK & Ireland
Do you have a strong technical knowledge of lamination, thermoforming and VFFS/HFFS machines for food contact packaging? Keep reading!
Are you an expert in the complex technicalities of food contact flexible packaging and thermoforming?
This global business excels in the manufacture of innovative packaging solutions for the food industry, particularly to the meat, cheese, fish and poultry markets.
As Technical Sales Manager, although you won't be directly involved in sales, your role as part of the sales team is just as vital. Covering the whole of the UK and Ireland, you will support the sales team by visiting customers to provide hands on technical support. Whether you are conducting line audits, supporting new product development, overseeing trials or dealing with an issue that has arisen, you must be happy to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in, ensuring optimum product performance and providing an excellent level of customer service.
By developing solutions to meet customer requirements, you will work to retain existing business as well as develop new business, building good working relationships at all levels. Organisation is key to this role as you will need to keep on top of producing timely reports which will be fed back to the Account Manager. You will have a good eye for detail, picking up on any issues and minimising customer complaints.
Key Skills / Qualifications:
- A thorough understanding of VFFS and HFFS machines, thermoforming and lamination is essential
- Food industry knowledge is also required, particularly within meat, cheese, fish and poultry markets
- You will be degree educated with a technical bias
- You will have previously working in a customer facing role
- Tenacious and persistent with an understanding of process and equipment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work under own initiative
- Good presentation, communication and project management skills
For someone with your level of technical expertise, it is important to work for a company who truly understand and appreciate the invaluable knowledge that you possess and how the service you provide is instrumental in retaining business. This is a business with a low turnover of staff who look after and reward their employees well. If you meet the above criteria and are looking to take the next step in your career, apply now!
REF. AJS893585A By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778