Junior Designer / Packaging Development Engineer - Corrugated
5 days left
- Full Time
EAST MIDLANDS (Please contact me for further location details)
Our client is a leading corrugated packaging manufacturer, they are currently looking to employ a Junior Designer / Packaging Development Engineer to join their team.
My client will consider an experienced or junior level designer
The chosen candidate will develop innovative design solutions to fit customer requirements whilst ensuring their suitability for manufacture. By effective project management introduce/deliver new products to the factory and customers, controlling all aspects of specification and first order set-up / sign-off.
The chosen candidate will be an innovative person, who can focus on how the final product will look, how the design appeals to the customers, and the best production method for the product as well as the design.
Previous experience using Artios CAD, Impact or Kasemake and designing packaging is required.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
• To provide advice, guidance and support to the technical manager, production, sales team and customers.
• To develop design solutions to fulfil customer requirements whilst considering supply chain issues e.g. performance packaging, palletisation.
• To ensure all designs issued to customers are able to be manufactured effectively at the site, where possible or within the group.
• To raise specifications for new work to enable manufacture and delivery, create single, multi-up and web-layout drawings and develop artwork.
• To liaise with other sites or subcontractors as necessary for new product development.
• To ensure sample making equipment is properly maintained.
• To arrange parcel delivery and tracking when required.
• For new designs liaise with customers and production and project manage first orders, including tool ordering, pre-production meeting, first order trials where required ( in-house and at customers premises), review feedback and make relevant changes.
• Seek and maintain approval system to ensure that relevant approvals are in place from customers and production before ordering tooling.
• Maintain a clean, tidy and safe environment for all.
• To produce samples for customer approval, including printed mock-ups.
• Create 3d visual artwork representations
• Bring forward and promote the sector selling approach to the business and our customers.
• Liaise with group retailer experts to ensure up to date positioning
• Co-ordinate information necessary to invoice the customer for first order and tooling costs.
• To work alongside the technical manager to deliver customer projects involving design and innovation, costs out.
• Facilitate any reasonable requests from the business which enable the company goals.
• You will have contact with a range of internal and external employees, teams and customers
• Direct contact with packaging specialists for certain major accounts.
• Contact with corrugated buyers where required usually accompanied by a member of the Sales Team.
• Contact with subcontractors and suppliers.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Excellent CAD skills, proficient Excel skills.
• Numeracy, accuracy, commercial awareness.
• Creativity and Innovation.
• Team worker, good communicator
• Ability to prioritise and deal with pressure.
• Understanding of manufacturing process and appreciation of costs.
• Ability to receive and interpret briefs, and to recognize when information is incomplete.
• Holder must have extensive knowledge of corrugated packaging and at least 2 years’ experience in corrugated design.
• Experience of working with or within production would be beneficial.
• It is expected that proficiency would be reached within 1 year.
Complexity and Creativity:
• Personally solve problems such as incomplete information, tight deadline, need to prioritise, and understanding that each customer is different.
• May have to persuade other of validity of own opinion.
• Assesses viability of each enquiry before processing.
• Willingness to help other parts of the department when workload necessitates.
• Training of new company personnel in relevant design related areas.
• Is responsible for the accuracy of specifications, formes, and information entered into the system for costing.
• Responsible for ensuring that any samples or designs sent to customers, or enquires put through for pricing, are able to be manufactured.
• Must design with an understanding of the customer and provide creative solutions to supply issues.
• Must strive to offer best solution for customer whilst optimizing efficiency through the plant, and should suggest cost saving opportunities where possible.
• Must consider implications of any design changes to existing work on manufacturability at the company, efficiency at customer site (inc Machine systems) and the supply chain.
• Advises other team members of further implications of change.
Judgement and Decision Making:
• Uses knowledge of available routes to make decisions on most effective way to manufacture a new job.
• Help the BSU Manager to prioritise workload and to decide if enquires are suitable.
• Sharing of ideas is actively encouraged.
• Poor designs or lack of creative solutions can lead to either losing profitable work or gaining unprofitable or unsuitable work having serious effects on the company - Harmful messages may also be sent into the workplace.
• Effective or innovative solutions may bring in increased value for the company and improve efficiency due to well suited work - They will also give a good impression to the customer and send the required message into the market place.
Apply for Junior Designer / Packaging Development Engineer - Corrugated
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly