Engineering Manager, South Wales
Are you an Engineering Manager with packaging experience who thrives in an autonomous environment? Would you love to make a difference? Keep reading!
This is a business with culture and values that really do stand out, they have a very low turnover of staff and it is clear to see why as soon as you get to know them. Specialists in the design and manufacture of innovative packaging solutions for the food industry, they have an excellent reputation for service and quality.
Currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will report to the Plant Manager and will form part of the Site Management Team. You will be directly responsible for a team of four including 1 x Electrical Supervisor, 1 x Electrical Project Engineer, 1 x Maintenance Supervisor and 1 x Maintenance Coordinator, you will also have a team of 18 indirect reports made up of a strong team who know the kit very well.
This position will give you the opportunity to really make a difference. The company are looking for someone who is forward thinking and has the ability to re design the current process, someone who can drive strategy and implement change. The Manufacturing Department is mechanically quite complex, it includes 32 different machines all ranging in age, capabilities and technology, something for you to really get your teeth stuck into!
This is a business who strongly believe in investing in their staff, there are genuine opportunities for progression for the right candidate. The ideal candidate will have a background in Packaging Manufacturing, ideally within the food industry, however this is not essential.
- To effectively manage the Maintenance Department, promoting a culture which focuses on quality, service and safety, improving and maintaining the plant and equipment in a cost-effective manner
- Manage, train and develop all direct reports to ensure that team members are consistently challenged and advancing their skill set
- To set and control maintenance and plant budgets, leading all Continuous Improvement activities in the Maintenance Department
- Ensure all machine breakdowns are dealt with quickly and safely
- Manage contracts with external suppliers, key projects, the engineering stores and general maintenance of the facility
So, what do you need in order to turn this opportunity into a reality? It is important that you have strong leadership skills with a proven background managing and developing a department /significant team. You will have excellent communication, presentation, planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
Ideally you will have a good blend of both mechanical and electrical experience, knowledge of extrusion and converting processes and equipment backed up with some form of related qualification (NVQ). You will have strong continuous improvement experience with the ability to drive a high-performance culture.
REF AJS894047 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778