Packaging Development Senior Manager - Luxury Fragrance & Skincare brands - Paris
You will be resposnible for the Global leadership of a range of industry-leading luxury beauty brands.
Leading the development of packaging solutions for a portfolio of launches & management of a team of packaging technicians /technologists (up to 5).
This will involve fast paced development of primary and secondary packaging solutions, from early inception (design in partnership with Marketing, Design agencies and Fashion Houses) through initiative qualification at suppliers and in various sites and all the way to initiative successful delivery in market. Initiative must-have success measures include launch delivery on-time, with uncompromised quality, at the right capacity to enable global markets, and at the right cost.
The role necessitates a high level of internal collaboration multi-functionally (Marketing, Procurement, Manufacturing, Planning, Finance, Regulatory, etc) as well as externally (Design agencies, Fashion Houses, universities, etc), which the successful candidate will have to excel in.
You will lead a team of between 2-5 employees, coaching individuals through the successful development and delivery of initiatives to the market, and enable his team members to develop and grow successfully through their careers.
Build strong organisational capabilities contributing to the strengths of the Global Packaging Development teams. This can include leading advances in technology development, physical and digital prototyping and rendering capabilities, modelling and simulation approaches, operational advances etc, depending on the profile, capabilities and passions of the individual.
Experience/Skills/Behaviours required .....
· Minimum 7 years’ experience as a Packaging Development professional in the luxury beauty or fmcg markets
· Experience in leading developments from design phase to in-market delivery (including tooling and production line qualification)
· Track record of successful in market launches, technical and organisational innovations
· Experienced people manager with a proven track record of talent development
· Experience and strength in collaboration with both internal (Marketing, procurement, Manufacturing etc) and external stakeholders (suppliers, design agencies, fashion houses etc)
· Ability to work internationally.
· Able to travel when required by strategic programs (global suppliers, sites)
· Professional fluency in English
· Academic qualifications: Masters or Degree in packaging or sciences
· CAD literacy will be a plus