Packaging Development Technologist - Beauty , Toiletries & Pharma
- Lead the development of new and existing packaging projects, ensuring fit for purpose function, costs, quality, aesthetics and on time component delivery.
- Provide packaging technical support to customers and internal departments (Manufacturing, QA, Purchasing and Sales).
- Pro-actively support the Packaging Innovation strategy by identifying and presenting relevant innovations.
- Manage the technical packaging tasks for NPDs and EPD projects ensuring they are completed on time.
- Complete, control and maintain packaging component specifications.
- Identify, plan and complete relevant packaging performance tests.
- Evaluate and present new packaging innovations relevant to the innovation strategy and customer needs.
- Coordinate line trials and first production runs, report and resolve issues.
- Assess artwork and provide feedback ensuring printability for the chosen print method.
- Attend supplier press approvals and manage colour standards.
- Must be able to work within a team and without full supervision, be a “self-starter”
- Ability to track and clearly communicate status of their projects. Keeping the team informed of any delays, risks, issues and recommending actions for resolution.
skills, experience, qualifications, competencies...
- Good communication skills with the tenacity and patience to work across teams to resolve issues and drive for results.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines alongside often conflicting priorities.
- Ability to understand packaging design characteristics that drive improved productivity.
- Institute of Packaging (IoP) Diploma or equivalent (preferred but not essential)
- 3+ years Packaging Development experience in Cosmetics, Pharma or FMCG.
- Ability to read and interpret 2D technical drawings is essential. Familiar with 3D CAD is an advantage.
Business Thinking – sees the organization as a series of integrated and interlocking business processes (systems thinker). Understands general business concepts. Understands the financial framework of the organization. Establishes and monitors appropriate financial measures, using data to make informed business decisions.
Customer Orientation – stays close to internal and external customers, anticipating and meeting customer/consumer needs. Demonstrates excellent listening, verbal and presentation skills.
Results Orientation – maintains appropriate focus on short- and long-term goals. Motivated by achievement, and persist until goals are reached, conveying a sense of urgency. Manages time wisely and effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks.
Initiative & Energy - is proactive and takes action without being prompted. Sees a need, takes responsibility and acts on it. Makes things happen.
Problem Solving & Decision Making – identifies and solves problems, develops innovative solutions, acts decisively, and shows good judgment.
Influence & Positive Impact – skilled at persuading, motivating, and energizing others at all levels. Passionate, personable, self-confident, and likeable. Able to flex style and direct, collaborate, or empower as the situation requires.
Conflict Management - comfortable with healthy conflict, and supports and manages differences of opinion; uses consensus and collaboration to debate and resolve issues.
Learning agility – continuously seeks new knowledge, creates and fosters a culture of interest, curiosity and learning. Flexible to change, and learns from failure. Seeks to improve processes and products & regulations. Interested in and capable of cross-functional rotation.
Self-Objectivity – knows personal strengths and limitations and works toward improving weaknesses. Aware of impact of own behavior on others. Solicits and uses feedback for self-improvement.
Coaching & Counseling – effectively instructs associates at all performance levels and enjoys helping team members grow, sharing authority and providing resources and support that empower. Sets goals for people and objectively monitors progress, holding staff accountable. Offers clear, direct, and timely feedback.
More searches like this
- Rigid plastics Research and development jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Pharmaceutical and healthcare Research and development jobs in Buckinghamshire
- FMCG Research and development jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Beauty and cosmetics Research and development jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Packaging materials Research and development jobs in Buckinghamshire