Packaging Technologist (junior level) Beauty & Healthcare
5 days left
- Full Time
Ideal opportunity for new graduate or intern with some experience in packaging technology , packaging artwork, packaging admin/project manager. In this role you will be .....
- Managing electronic artwork process . Liaising Design Houses on artwork and proof approvals.
- Support print approvals and colour matching as required.
- Control and manage packaging standards
- Pro-actively support the Packaging Innovation strategy by identifying and presenting relevant innovations.
- Manage some smaller scale packaging EPD & NPD project developments for retail customers.
- Liaising with all functions to compile fill & pack specifications.
Key responsibilities ....
- Manage the artwork tasks for NPDs and EPD projects ensuring they are completed on time.
- Complete, control and maintain packaging component standards.
- Evaluate and present new packaging innovations relevant to the innovation strategy and customer needs.
- Support senior Pack Techs by coordinating line trials and first production runs, report and resolve issues.
- Assess artwork and provide feedback ensuring printability for the chosen print method.
- Must be able to work within a team, on own initative, be a “self-starter”
- Ability to track and clearly communicate status of their projects. Keeping the team informed of any delays, risks, issues and recommending actions for resolution.
Skills required ....
- Good communication skills with the tenacity and patience to work across teams to resolve issues and drive for results.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines alongside often conflicting priorities.
- Ability to understand packaging design characteristics that drive improved productivity.
Qualifications required ....
- Packaging Design or Science degree would be beneficial.
- Familiar with Adobe Illustrator and 3D CAD is an advantage.
Competencies required .....
Initiative & Energy - is proactive and takes action without being prompted. Sees a need, takes responsibility and acts on it. Makes things happen.
Problem Solving & Decision Making – identifies and solves problems, develops innovative solutions, acts decisively, and shows good judgment.
Influence & Positive Impact – skilled at persuading, motivating, and energizing others at all levels. Passionate, personable, self-confident, and likeable. Able to flex style and direct, collaborate, or empower as the situation requires.
Conflict Management - comfortable with healthy conflict, and supports and manages differences of opinion; uses consensus and collaboration to debate and resolve issues.
Learning agility – continuously seeks new knowledge, creates and fosters a culture of interest, curiosity and learning. Flexible to change, and learns from failure. Seeks to improve processes and products & regulations. Interested in and capable of cross-functional rotation.
Self-Objectivity – knows personal strengths and limitations and works toward improving weaknesses. Aware of impact of own behavior on others. Solicits and uses feedback for self-improvement.
Apply for Packaging Technologist (junior level) Beauty & Healthcare
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly