NEW VACANCY! (PK6483)
SALES MANAGEMENT ROLE
(Please contact me for further location details)
Competitive Basic Salary + Commission + Car Allowance + 26 days holiday (increasing by 2 days per year up to max of 26 days in 4th holiday year) + bank holidays + stakeholder pension (ee 5%, er 4%) + private health + death in service
Our client is a privately owned, market leading manufacturer of printed folded cartons for a variety of market sectors including Beauty, healthcare, food, household and pharmaceutical.
They are currently looking to recruit a Sales Manager to increase and maximise profitability in line with the strategy of the business, who will report to the Sales Director.
This role is focussed on managing the team (4), ideally the chosen candidate will be office based although my client is open to this being a home based role.
- Managing a team of 4 sales staff
- The candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of the field sales function, increasing revenue and profits in line with company strategy.
- Build and develop relationships with key retailers to maximise opportunities in target sectors.
- Facilitate the link between Customer Service and Sales teams, encouraging strong relationships in order to achieve the best results for their customers and the business.
- Carry out the role of a Business Development Manager to the highest standards, developing and implementing strategies to meet their own agreed targets
- Lead the team of Business Development Manager's, setting exemplary personal standards and providing support, coaching, training and utilising appropriate management tools to instil a desire to excel and enable them to realise their potential
- Develop and agree sales budgets in line with strategy and to agreed timelines in order to provide specific goals and KPI's and a strategy to achieve them
- Provide timely feedback and report progress formally on a monthly basis to the Sales Director on all areas of department performance
- Suggest and implement improvements to the Sales function to support the continuous improvement of the business
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience selling printed folded cartons or Litholam
- Proven experience of successfully leading and developing a high-performing team
- Excellent knowledge of the products, services and capabilities of the business
- A very good grasp of their customers, their scale and diversity, the markets in which they operate and some 'end use' product knowledge
- High level of self-motivation and the ability to motivate others
- Excellent communicator and negotiator at all levels with customers, suppliers and employees
- Diplomacy, patience, reliability and resilience
- High level of accuracy
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Willingness to continually learn and improve
- Extremely flexible approach