Job Title: UK Finance Director
Salary: up to £110k pa (depending on experience)
Contact: George Thompson
Telephone: 0207 838 9695
Categories: Print, London, Midlands, South East, South West, South Coast, Northern Home Counties, Director Level, Southern Home Counties, North West, North East, East Anglia, Yorkshire
A leading print group is looking for a Financial Director to head up its finance function. This role newly created, as a result of growth in the group, will provide succession planning and task cover for the existing team.
The UK Finance Director position will oversee the site Finance teams providing guidance, leadership and team development. Implementation and maintenance of a strong control environment and consistency of policies and processes across the sites will be a key part of the role.
The candidate must have experience of providing timely and insightful financial information to local and senior management. We are looking for a senior finance professional with a wide range of expertise including proven technical skills, ability to communicate on all levels and a can-do attitude. The candidate will need to be hands on, commercial and operational and be used to working in a fast paced and changing environment. Time management will be critical in order to improve reporting timelines and manage the expectations of all parties. The role will include but not be limited to the following:
Monthly and periodic reporting
- Thorough analysis and interrogation of monthly results prepared by site controllers including P&L, balance sheet and cash flows;
- Preparation of consolidated management information for group and management meetings;
- Working with the site Managing Directors to provide improved understanding of the results and identify tangible opportunities for margin and cashflow improvement;
- Managing and overseeing the budgeting and forecasting process for the UK businesses;
- Review of Capex proposals, investment appraisal and Capex monitoring;
- Oversight of UK VAT returns;
- Closely monitoring the cash position and overseeing 13 week cash forecasts.
Consolidation of UK trading entities
- Preparation of consolidated reports;
- Collation and preparation of additional information and analysis for month end reporting including commentary on key areas;
- Prepare commentaries for inclusion within the monthly board pack;
- Preparation of monthly and ad hoc reporting to third parties including banks and finance providers.
- Manage the UK Audit process, deliverables from the sites and adherence to timetables, with close liaison with Group Finance;
- Review audit and tax packs prepared by site controllers both for the group’s auditors and for group reporting;
- Working with Group Finance, provide oversight of the year end statutory accounts prepared for individual entities under UK GAAP;
- Liaise with auditors and tax advisers to oversee the audit process.
- Further development of group-wide policies and processes;
- Review of UK processes and implementing and enhancing procedures;
- Assisting internal audit with implementation of controls and improving the consistency of reporting across the UK;
- Hands on approach to analysing data and driving through operational improvements;
- Assisting new and established financial controllers and accountants in the UK.
Key skills and attributes of the successful candidate:
- Strong management skills and able to work alongside experienced management;
- Good understanding of financial forecasting and budgeting for both P&L, balance sheet and cash flows;
- Qualified accountant / QBE, 10+ years PQE;
- Good commercial and analytical skills with experience in closely controlling costs, analysing and continuous improvement of business performance;
- Strong Excel skills;
- Excellent Presentation skills;
- Good Microsoft Office and all-round IT skills;
- Can do attitude and ability to adapt quickly;
- Cognos experience beneficial;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to manage direct reports;
- Driven to provide continuous improvement.