Prepress Operator - Labels
Our client is a well-established label printer for various markets currently looking to add a Prepress Operator to their team.
A vacancy has arisen to provide service and support to conventional printing presses with all materials and equipment and components. Engage in “pit stop” change over off printing presses and ensure that downtime on presses is minimal. The key importance of this role is save press time and ensures that printing presses are running to maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
Key Accountabilities include:
• Assist in getting the press up and running in the quickest time observing all press setup, finish and cleaning processes and procedures required
• Adherence to all Health and Safety regulations and practices
• Make sure colour standard/chromaline/sample is correct and in the job bag
• Make sure all materials are out for job
• Plates mounted correctly and checked with product number and pantone colour clearly written on
• Pdf/colour standards to be placed with mounted plates
• Return screens to Pre-Press department
• Make Screens
• Organise Layout of Jobs in F1 Area
• Supply of empty pallets to front on press
• Work in progress to be placed in correct area
• Help with maintenance when needed
Knowledge, skills and experience include:
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate they have:
• GCSE English and Maths or equivalent
• Knowledge of on time delivery of products
• Knowledge of waste minimisation
• Able to operate equipment to the highest levels
The ideal candidate:
In addition, the successful candidate will have a flexible and conscientious approach to all tasks and be able to both co-operate and collaborate to ensure continual growth and continuous improvement within the department.