Key Account Manager
My client is a leading multinational packaging manufacturer. With a truly global reach and a host of much-envied blue-chip key accounts they have prospered in the recent market through innovative and bespoke solutions whilst also adding to their portfolio through a number of key acquisitions. As a result of a drive to add industry-leading sales talent into their business they are looking to bolster their team to specifically focus on major industrial accounts (automotive, components, electronics etc.)
- The purpose of this position is to ensure the efficient management of existing industrial key account relationships within Germany.
- Ensure all documentation and records (such as price lists, customer records, account plans etc.) relating to account and each plant is accurate, up to date and reflective of current working practices.
- A strong technical capability within technical packaging will be required for this role and the ability to suggest potential NPD projects to meet customer specifications.
- An essential partner in the efficient management, creation and maintenance of high-value prospect opportunities to support the overall profitability of the account while also delivering customer savings.
- Spearheading the coordination and management of high-value multi-production site projects.
- A thorough understanding of the manufacturing process and supply chain is required to demonstrate a sound understanding when discussing volumes and ensuring that manufacturing can meet customer requirements.
- A pivotal hire for the business, the successful individual will be tasked to deliver a growth over the first 3 years.
- Forging strong internal relationships is key in this role and transparency across the product portfolio to ensure that customer demands and specifications are met on time and in full.
- Manage and develop key relationships with internal and customer production sites, assisting on local account development plans on a plant level, manage commercial quotations, price changes & any account complaints in-line with Central & Regional guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of a key accounts’ packaging requirements in addition to the plethora of packaging products that can be supplied by the organisation.
- Build a network of internal and customer contacts that will create a feedback loop which will provide information that is critical to identifying projects that drive value for the business and cost savings for the customer.
- To create and maintain the tracking of potential key projects.
- Evidence of continual career progression, learning & development.
- Market knowledge: Thorough understanding of industry and competition, demonstrating an ability to identify emerging market trends and opportunities.
- First-class project management skills.
- Knowledge of multi-material packaging in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Commercial acumen with a consultative approach to account management you will have well-honed negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to map a complex internal and external customer network.
- Experience of industrial B2B supply-chains will be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge or experience of selling multi-material packaging will be highly advantageous.
- This role will require the incumbent to have excellent navigation skills within a customer and internal network with an ability to read other’s styles and adapt accordingly while considering cultural dynamics.
- Perfect fluency in English is an absolute must, working knowledge of additional languages is a big plus.
- Experience of managing Blue-Chip Key Accounts with the UK being the main area of focus.
- You will be ambitious and keen to join a forward-thinking business where high achievement is recognised and rewarded.
- Expected to develop relationships with existing and new accounts and to continually offer an in depth understanding of changing customer requirements and demands. You will also be very strong commercially and have a good grasp of managing margins and gaining profitable business.
- Achieve the assigned sales revenue, profitability and new customer targets by selling the complete product range throughout the region.
- Maximize the sales performance against agreed targets and maintain profitability in line with company objectives and through discussion with sales management.
- Build long term business relationships with customers through the provision of sales, marketing, training and technical support.
- Communication is imperative within this role and the successful individual with be highly personable with the ability to become an integral part of the senior team.
Should this role be of interest, please send your CV and current package details to: firstname.lastname@example.org or for a private and confidential discussion
Please call Helen Kennedy at our Leeds Office on: 0113 320 2430
Hudson James Human Capital has recently acquired Vitae Selection creating one of the largest Internationally Consumer focused search firms in the North of England.